The Educon 2018 ConfTool is ready for the sending of proposals.
The IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON) 2018 is the ninth in
a series of conferences that rotate among central locations in IEEE Region 8
(Europe, Middle East and North Africa). EDUCON is the flagship conference of
the IEEE Education Society.
IEEE EDUCON 2018 will be organized by the Universidad de La Laguna,
Universidad de Vigo and Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, Spain.
The event will be held in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain April 18-20, 2018.
Several pre- conference workshops will be held on April 17, 2018.
Main Conference Topics
Papers in all areas of engineering education are invited with a particular
emphasis on the theme of the conference and on:
- Infrastructure and Technologies for Engineering Education
- Innovation, Methods, Teaching and Learning Experiences in Engineering Education
- Attracting, Engaging and Retaining Human Talent to Engineering
- Serious Games, Game-Based Learning and Gamification for Engineering Education
- Virtual and Remote Labs in Engineering Education
Proposals for participation in the EDUCON 2018 conference can be submitted in
the following formats:
- Full papers: 8 pages in IEEE A4 format
- Short papers: 4 pages
- Works in Progress
- Special Sessions
- Panels and Workshops
We will have inside the Educon 2018 several Special sessions, including (with
more than will be announced later):
- Applications of Game-Based Learning
- Gamification of Learning
- Inclusion and Diversity in Engineering Education
- IT and Engineering Pedagogy
- Learning Analytics Trends and Challenges in Engineering Education. SNOLA Special Session
Remind the dates of the conference >>>
21 Oct 2017 Abstract submission - Proposals for Special Sessions
30 Oct 2017 Invitation to submit complete paper
20 Nov 2017 Complete paper upload for accepted abstracts - Panel and Workshop proposals - New submissions for Special Sessions
22 Dec 2017 Notification of Acceptance
02 Feb 2018 Author registration and payment - Camera-ready submission for all submission types
17 Apr 2018 Pre-conference Workshops
18 Apr 2018 Conference Opening
Please distribute this Call for Papers between your colleagues, we will wait
for you in the sunny isle of Tenerife in April 2018.
Carina Gonzalez, Martin Llamas and Manuel Castro
Educon 2018 chairs